1. Jump Into Music will retain you, “the Teacher,” to provide music instruction for those individuals who register for music instruction through Jump Into Music. The Teacher is granted the authority, agency, and freedom to carry out these music lessons at their own discretion in consultation with Jump Into Music staff. The Teacher will have access to Jump Into Music facilities and property (including, for example, certain musical instruments, computers, and lesson/classroom spaces) in carrying out their duties as a music teacher for Jump Into Music. Such access and use shall occur at a mutually agreeable time. The cost of any damage to instruments or other Jump Into Music property caused by the Teacher and not considered to be within the range of normal wear and tear is the Teacher’s responsibility. The determination of the cost of said damage will be made by Jump Into Music. The Teacher agrees to and shall abide by the terms outlined in the Jump Into Music Safety and Harassment Policy.
2. Independent contractor status: This contract documents the relationship between Jump Into Music and the Teacher. Nothing in this Teacher Contract shall create or be interpreted to create an employer-employee relationship between the Teacher and Jump Into Music. Rather, the Teacher and Jump Into Music intend that this Teacher Contract will create an independent contractor relationship between them. The Teacher agrees, represents and warrants that he or she is not an employee of Jump Into Music in the capacity of a private music instructor for Jump Into Music for any purposes and that he or she is not eligible for any Jump Into Music employee benefit programs or rewards in that capacity. The Teacher hereby waives any right that he or she may have to participate in any Jump Into Music benefit program as a private instructor for Jump Into Music.
3. Payment: The Teacher will be paid $60 per hour. Billable hours are only accumulated while the Teacher is teaching a lesson or during non-excused student absences.
4. Taxes: The Teacher is solely responsible for any business licenses, business and occupational taxes, and/or federal or state income taxes incurred in connection with the services contemplated by this Teacher Contract.
5. Use of facility: The Teacher will not use Jump Into Music facilities for any commercial undertaking (for example, the provision of private music lessons not in connection with Jump Into Music) unless such use is preapproved in writing by Jump Into Music.Liability waiver: By signing this form the Teacher hereby authorizes all medical, surgical, diagnostic, and hospital procedures as may be performed or prescribed by a treating licensed physician in an emergency if he/she cannot give consent. All efforts will be made to learn of your intents either directly or from the emergency contact you list above. The Teacher also agrees that he/she will not bring any claims of any kind against Jump Into Music, its students, patrons, operators, contractors, staff, board members, or sponsors as a result of any injuries, expenses, or damages that the Teacher may suffer in connection with his/her participation in Jump Into Music, whether such claims are known, unknown, or may arise in the future. The Teacher bears sole responsibility for and agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Jump Into Music harmless for any liability incurred directly or indirectly in the course of providing the services contemplated by this Contract. The Teacher also understands that no one associated with Jump Into Music is authorized to alter, modify or waive any of the terms of this agreement in any way without providing him/her with prior notice.
6. Media release: Unless you mark the “opt out” line above, you authorize Jump Into Music to use your name, picture, photograph, portrait, visual likeness, or voice in all forms and media in all manners, including photo, film, audio and video representations in any promotional materials and any material used towards Jump Into Music’s exempt purposes and business activities, and waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product that may be created in connection therewith. Jump Into Music is released from any defamation or other claims that may arise out of the above-described materials.
7. Attendance: The Teacher must notify Jump Into Music and his/her students at least 24 hours in advance of any absence. A no-show or cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be seen as an unexcused absence. More than three (3) unexcused absences every three months will be grounds for dismissal without payment for services rendered. Makeup lessons as a result of teacher cancellations will be scheduled by arrangement between the Teacher and each individual student.
8. Recital and fundraising: Jump Into Music expects that contracted teachers will attend both student recitals and that their students will perform in the recitals. Furthermore, Jump Into Music expects that contracted teachers will attend the annual organizational fundraiser recital and will perform in it.
9. Evaluation: Jump Into Music staff may occasionally sit in on lessons a Teacher teaches or just outside the door to evaluate his/her teaching and provide him/her with constructive criticism and support. The Teacher must also be willing to let student’s parents and/or guardians sit in on their student’s lessons (though the Teacher may encourage or discourage this as he/she sees fit).
10. Dismissal: Jump Into Music reserves the right to dismiss the Teacher at any time without cause with 14 days’ notice. The teacher will be paid for all services rendered through the date of dismissal. Allegations of misconduct are grounds for immediate dismissal.
11. Inclement weather: Jump Into Music strives to make the safest and most appropriate decisions for our students, staff and patrons based on the available information. We will make every effort to contact the Teacher if lessons must be cancelled due to weather.
12. Notice of Non-Discrimination: Jump Into Music’s programs and services reflect the cultural diversity of our community. We do not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
13. Duration of terms: This contract shall be effective and in force from September 1st, 2020, through August 31st, 2021.